Flood insurance policies in Florida.
Any questions call us. Get a quote today.
Providing you with a wide-range of Flood Insurance options
Commercial flood insurance is a crucial coverage for businesses located in flood-prone areas, such as Florida and the Florida Keys. Flooding is the most common natural disaster in the United States, and it can cause significant damage to a business’s property and operations.
When it comes to commercial flood insurance in Florida, there are a few key things to know. First, standard commercial property insurance policies do not cover flood damage, so it’s important to purchase a separate flood insurance policy. Second, the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) is the primary provider of flood insurance for businesses in the state.
One of the unique features of commercial flood insurance in Florida is the option for coverage in the Florida Keys. The Florida Keys are made up of a chain of islands that are particularly vulnerable to flooding due to their low elevation. As a result, the NFIP offers separate coverage options for businesses located in the Florida Keys.
There are different types of commercial flood insurance policies available, including:
- Building and contents coverage: This policy covers damages to the physical structure of your building and its contents, such as machinery, equipment, and inventory.
- Business interruption coverage: This policy covers loss of income and extra expenses incurred as a result of flooding, such as temporary relocation costs.
- Additional coverage options: Some commercial flood insurance policies may offer additional coverage options, such as debris removal and increased cost of compliance coverage.
It’s important to note that commercial flood insurance policies typically come with a waiting period before they go into effect, so it’s important to purchase coverage well in advance of a flood event.
In summary, commercial flood insurance is a crucial coverage for businesses located in flood-prone areas, such as Florida and the Florida Keys. It is important to purchase a separate flood insurance policy, National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) is the primary provider of flood insurance for businesses in the state and there are different types of commercial flood insurance policies available like building and contents coverage, business interruption coverage and additional coverage options.
Southern Insurance Providers is part of
National Flood Insurance Program
• Southern Insurance Providers is part of Our goal is to assist you with understanding the basics about flood insurance in Florida and to help you with your flood insurance policy.
• As a nationwide General Agent, SIP can quickly and easily quote, underwrite, and bind your flood insurance policy anywhere in state of Florida.
• Depending on your flood zone, you have the option to get flood insurance quotes through one of our multiple, A-rated private carriers or through the government backed – National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
• With multiple flood insurance selections to choose from, Florida Flood Insurance can find both new and existing policyholders the best coverage and premiums available.
• Direct Access to the National Flood Insurance Program – Same day quoting and binding.
• Elevation Certificates not needed on specific flood zones. Next day elevation certificate available.
• Special Zurich and Hiscox Flood Programs
• Excess Flood – Available
Nonresidential / Commercial